BETWEEN THE NUMBERS
BETWEEN THE NUMBERS Between the fatal numbers we’re told and the people I know who don’t have it, there now rests the question Of how to even out all these odds. As I sit and write, Think and call, I discuss this issue with others, But no-one of course can quite settle on whether This has been organised or slipshod. Then there are the moments of silence That fall, caught between the noises of others. At around five or six in the evening, a stillness of sorts, Sits complete. Thanks to the day’s inscrutable heat, I am getting my vitamin D straight from sunlight, As the skin on my Mediterranean arms moves From chicken to a kind of slow roasted beef. It’s a bewildering moment, for sure, And one which can’t quite be held in a photo; This strange peace that has fallen as the world Divides behind air. The s...










Comments
Post a Comment