NOSTALGIA IN PANDEMIC

Savitri Pema



Inside my armour
of disdain
I  resist the lure\
of your marshy arms,
till like a stealthy thief
You crept over mossy banks
my heart  too unsheath

Like the bent trees on
your horizon of whistling winds
you pierced my mind with memories of
rambles over purple heather over
endless hills and gullies dark,
to the music of bleating sheep.

Like a desert wanderer
seeking an oasis, I seek vertical
horizons across a desolate
terrain,  the
mirage behind my  blinded
vision,  yearning.

In this land of sun soaked
beaches and playground
of oligarchs, of indolent  lotus eaters,
I seek your barren landscape,
Listening for Cathy calling to
Heathcliff’s ghost.

 

 

 

‘Nostalgia in The Pandemic’  is about not being able to travel back safely to my home during the pandemic. About missing the wild, windswept Yorkshire moors of my home county in the UK, despite realising how fortunate I am to be on a sunny Greek island in the Mediterranean.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID LOCKDOWN BLUES

Road to Recovery by Anna Vilchis

THE DEATH AND LIFE OF THE GREAT ENGLISH HIGH STREET